Warning: This dish is the antithesis of how we prefer to eat, but it is a delicious, fast, easy and popular dish so we continue to rotate it in in moderation.
1 sheet puff pastry
1 pound ground beef
3 small potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 can tomato paste
cumin, salt and pepper to taste
sesame seeds for decoration
1. Thaw puff pastry and place half in the bottom of a baking dish.
2. Layer on ground beef, tomato paste and potatoes. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Top with remaining half of puff pastry sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and vent.
4. Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes.
4. Eat with tahina, harissa and a large green salad.