This recipe originated when I wanted a cooked olive something on Pesah and only had my oven turned on so I master the art of sauteing food in the oven. (More on that odd bit later.)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 can pitted green olives
1 cup chopped or baby tomatoes
black pepper or red pepper flakes if you want some heat
1. Heat oil and soften garlic being careful not to burn.
2. Add tumeric and cumin and mix well.
3. Add olives and tomatoes. Turn heat to low and cook until tomatoes are soft.
4. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. You can serve this as is or chop coarsely in a food processor.
5. Serve room temperature or slightly warmed.