Its time to share kitchen-related goals over at Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
I usually catch these (and pretty much all) memes a bit too late to join in, but this one I caught perfectly and I have a fair amount of stuff to do in the kitchen this month with Purim and Pesah looming.
Am I the only person stuck in limbo between not stressing over Pesah and panicking that I'm behind? I blame the leap year.
1) Get Mishlot Manot done by March 15th. By done I mean baked and in the freezer with all the packing material at the house so we can take the week to pack.
2) Make menus and shopping lists for Pesah. This means I need to dig out "Pesah box #1" from the depths of my garage and retreive the binder with my notes from last year. Think I can con Aba into doing that for me?
3) Clean out and condense cabinets. Not that hard really. I've been doing this since we returned from Israel as I use up supplies.
4) Buy my items from my "doesn't need KLP hashgacha" list. I almost started this on Sunday as I walked past the salt in Whole Foods.
5) Mail mixer back for repair. Its only been boxed up since mid-November. Why hurry?
6) Have Pesah cleaning schedule determined. Start March 28. Schedule extra cleaning help throughout April.
Have I mentioned that the girls' fifth birthday is the first night this year? And they've been asking about their party already. April will be a fun month!